Money Plant (Green) - Plant
Common name: Money Plant
Bloom time: na
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
You can plant it anytime and in any season with great ease. You just have to cut a stem from parent plant and plant it where ever you want. You can plant it anywhere whether in soil or in water. You can plant it in your garden as well as in your house. The best part about this plant is that you can plant it just by cutting a part of already grown money plant.
Just cut the stem of already grown money plant and plant it in soil. Cut the fresh stem from the growth tip.
If you are planting it in soil then make a hole in soil and plant it. If you are planting it as indoor plant in a glass jar or bottle and you want to plant it in water then fill the bottle more than half and plant it.
Sunlight: Partial sunlight
Soil: Well-drained soil
Water: If you plant it in water then change the water of jar or bottle every 2-3 days. If you plant it in soil then do not water excessively. During summer water every alternate day and during winter after 4-5 days. Give time to soil to dry, then water.
Temprature: It grows best with night temperatures of 70-75°F (21-24°C) and day temperatures of 75- 90°F (24-32°C) but will tolerate temperatures as low as 65°F (18° C) during the winter months when you also cut back on the watering.
Fertilizer: It needs common fertilizer. To plant in soil, use fertile soil. Use nitrate base fertilizer. If you are using liquid form then dilute it with water and then mix them in soil. Never add fertilizers just after trimming. Always add fertilizers in shade or in evening. Never add them in sunlight, as it can burn leaves.
- If you plant it in a pot then ensure that pot should have proper drainage system otherwise roots of money plants will be damaged by excessive water.
- Wooden or plastic pole warp with husk is suitable for climbing the plant up and foster faster growth.
- Tie the stems as it grows up, till it reaches the top progressively.
- You can also use coir ropes to wrap around plastic or glass poles which will give enough support for the plant to grow up.
- Trim by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems of the money plant.
- Able to clear formaldehyde from the air, it’s a beneficial plant to have in your living room or as a hanging plant, as the leaves will grow down in cascading vines.
- You can grow this as an indoor or outdoor plant.
- Keep a stem of money plant in a bottle of water and decorate indoor or outdoor.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.