Scilla Violacea, Ledebouria Pauciflora - Plant
( 363 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Silver Squill, Violet Squill
Bloom time: Spring and summer.
Height: 6-10 inches
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Use a soil based potting mixture and plant Ledebouria socialis bulbs in pans or half-pots. Pot up the bulbs in the spring, but no more than three bulbs in a single 10-15cm (4-6 inch) pot. Space the bulbs evenly over the surface and bury only the bottom half or each bulb in the potting mixture.
During the fist four or six weeks do not feed the plants and water sparingly, allowing the top half or the potting mixture to dry out between waterings. When the new roots should be well established, treat the plants in the normal way. Break up overcrowded clumps every two or there years.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant bulbs with their necks above soil level.
- In growth, water freely and apply a high potash fertilizer every 4 weeks, keep just moist in winter.
Watering: During the active growing period water them moderately, allowing the top centimetre (0.
- 4 inch) or so of the potting mixture to dry out before watering again.
- During the rest period water these plants only enough to prevent the mixture from drying out.
Uses: This plant is suitable for growing indoors. It is very happy sitting in window sill too. It can be grown outside where there is no danger of frost. It is drought-tolerant and therefore it is suitable for xeriscaping.
- Ledebouria socialis growing herbaceous geophyte succulent of the genus Ledebouria also known as Silver Squill, Ledebouria socialis perennial evergreen used as ornamental drought tolerant plant, can grow in mediterranean, subtropics climate or as houseplant.
no serious & insects disease problems
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.