Golden Cyprus - Plant
Common name: Summer Cypress, Kochia, Burning Bush, Mexican Fireweed
Color: Red - brown
Bloom time: April-May.
Height: 2-5 fee
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
To provide nutrients for newly planted cypress trees, the National Gardening Association recommends adding some compost, bone meal and peat moss to the planting soil. Mulching around the base of a cypress will help protect the young roots from temperature changes. Cypresses prefer full or at least partial sun, so look for planting areas that do not have too many shade-producing buildings or large trees nearby.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Different types of cypress require different amounts of water.
- False cypress varieties generally require more water than true cypress from the Cupressus genus.
- Leyland cypress prefers well-drained soils and watering about twice per month during dry weather.
Pondcypress naturally grows in wet areas, especially in still areas of ponds.
- Baldcypress tends to grow in or next to flowing water.
- It also grows well in urban areas with wet soils.
- Pondcypress and baldcypress, which are not true cypress, require substantial amounts of water in dry weather.
Young outdoor cypress trees will need supplemental watering during dry weather. It is best to stop watering them if the ground freezes. Weeding near cypress trees helps their overall health because they don t have to compete for water and nutrients.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
no serious & insects disease problems.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.