Bambusa Ventricosa Kimmei, Buddha Belly Bamboo Variegated - Plant
( 215 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Bamboo can be divided into two main categories: clumpers and runners. Clumpers tend to send out new shoots within a couple of feet of the clump each year. Runners, however, send out new shoots much farther from the original clump.
Common name: Buddha Belly Bamboo
Color: Bamboo does not produce any flowers. Has a bright green trunk with ringed swellings.
Height: 15 ft to 55 ft
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
Under harsh conditions, this bamboo develops short swollen internodes - hence its name Buddha s Belly . Under normal QLD growing conditions, the ventricosa will generally only produce about half of its shoots with the short, swollen internodes and the rest straight as usual. Though this does very much depend on conditions.
The ventricosa is very fast growing with a vigorous growth habit. Great for privacy screening on acreage, windbreaks or erosion control.
Sunlight: The plant prefers full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: The soil should be kept moist but not wet. Water regularly, when top 3 in. of soil is dry.Take care not to over water though - excess watering can cause excess leaf drop. Well-established bamboos are rather tolerant of flooding, but newly planted bamboos can suffer from too much as well as too little water.
Temprature: Optimal temperature required is 22ºC.
Fertilizer: Should be fed regularly with a high-nitrogen food.
- New culms that grow taller need to be trimmed to keep the plant in shape.
- You can control the height of any culm by cutting just above the node.
- It is advisable to plant them in a large pot because they can die if the root ball is allowed to dry out.
- Bamboo Buddha Belly can be grown as a grove or as an ascent plant.
- It could also be grown to form a screen.
- Due to the nature of the bellying , this bamboo is one of the best bamboos for bonsais.
- By pruning the tops of the culms and restricting its growth, the swollen internodes become more predominant.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.