Dolichos Biflorus, Horsegram - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Sensitive Plant, Touch-me-not
Bloom time: Mid summer
Height: 15-50 cm
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Place 2 or 3 seeds in 7cm (3”) pots of seed compost, giving enough water to make the mixture barely moist. Cover the pot with clear plastic wrap. Place the pots in bright light at a temperature of 18 to 21°C (65 to 70°F). Water enough to keep soil from drying out completely.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 65 to 70°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sensitive plant should be planted in well-draining loamy soil enhanced with peat moss to improve drainage.
- Water regularly to keep the soil moist, but not water logged.
- The plant is susceptible to root rot in compacted or overly wet soils.
Growth can be enhanced with a high-potassium liquid fertilizer diluted to about half strength with water, applied to the soil every two weeks during the growing season.
- Always water first before fertilizing to avoid burning the roots.
- Seeds may also be placed in hot water and soaked overnight.
- Place seeds in a moist soil medium, cover with a light sprinkle of soil and place in a warm, bright location.
- Seeds generally take about a week to germinate, according to Guide to Houseplants.
Sensitive plant is a popular houseplant due to its remarkable leaves, which curl into themselves when touched. The plant is considered invasive in tropical climates.
- burning sensation, asthma, leucoderma, fatigue and blood diseases
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.