Nariyal, Coconut (Golden, Grafted) - Plant
Common name: Dianthus Coconut Punch
Color: Wine red with white blotches
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
After the coconut has soaked, place it in a container filled with well-draining potting soil. It is best to mix in a little sand or vermiculite to make sure the soil you will be growing coconut trees in drains well.
The container needs to be around 12 inches deep to allow for the roots to grow properly. Plant the coconut point side down and leave one-third of the coconut above the soil.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- First, water the coconut tree frequently.
- As long as the soil drains well, you really can’t water it too often.
- If you decide to repot your coconut tree, remember to add sand or vermiculite to the new soil to keep the water draining well.
Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer.
- Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese and magnesium.
Rock gardens, border fronts, edgings, fragrance gardens and containers. When massed, these mat-forming plants can form an attractive ground cover.
- Crested Lepidagathis, called Mullabanthi in Telugu, has been used by the yanadi tribe in Andhra Pradesh as a traditional medicine.
- It is used in the treatment of fever.
- It is also used in treating inflammations - aqueous extract of leaves mixed with Ocimum juice and the tuberous flower ash mixed with coconut oil is a concoction, which is applied on parts affected by inflammation.
- In Chhattisgarh, people use leaf extract for treating malaria
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.