Nimboo, Lemon ( Big Fruit, Grafted) - Plant
Common name: Nimboo.
Height: 11 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Citrus trees need a warm or mild climate zone. As long as frosts are not severe citrus trees will tolerate cool conditions. In cold zones grow only container versions, so when temperatures really plummet, bring them inside a greenhouse or enclosed porch.
Sunlight: Minimum 5-6 hours of sun everyday.
Soil: Citrus orchards flourish well in light soils with good drainage properties. Deep soils with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 are considered ideal.
Water: Water them regularly, about once a week in hot weather.
Temprature: Citrus fruits grow best between a temperature range of 13 degree C to 37 degree C.
Fertilizer: Feed them fertiliser often (at the drip line, rather than near the trunk).
- Apply a good level of mulch around your tree but keep the mulch 5-7cm (2-3") away from the base.
- Mulch will hold moisture but will encourage rot if allowed to touch the tree trunk.
- There is a belief in Ayurvedic medicine that a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it every morning tonifies and purifies the liver.
- The oval fruit is famous is used widely for its juice.
- The pulp and rind are also used, primarily in cooking and baking.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and makes it a cheap, readily available acid for use in educational science experiments.
- Lemon juice, rind, and zest are used in a wide variety of food and drink.
- It is used to make lemonade, soft drinks, and cocktails.
http://www.grow-trees.com/why_trees/updates/trees/89/nimboo.aspx http://www.no-dig-vegetablegarden.com/growing-lemons.html http://www.agricultureinformation.com/forums/consultancy-services/73773-lemon-citrus-cultivation.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.