Nariyal, Coconut (Green, Grown through seeds) - Plant
( 169 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Height: 1.5 metres indoors.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil. The soil should be sandy-loamy and alkaline which is the beach/cayes environment.
Water: From May to September, the palm should be abundantly watered – however without drowning the plant. From October, the amount of water can be slightly reduced.
Temprature: Average temperature needs to be 75 degrees F minimum.
Fertilizer: Starting in spring, the coconut palm should be fertilized with liquid fertilizer.
- Do not mix concrete close to a palm tree or dump chemicals near the root system.
- Coconut palms are in the grass family and are very sensitive to harsh chemicals.
- Even in winter, the temperature as well as the humidity need to be rather high.
- If you spray water on both sides of the leaves with a common spray bottle or pump sprayer, the humidity in the room will increase.
- As most of us already know, the most common uses come from the edible fruits known as coconuts.
- Coconuts can be eaten either raw or cooked and they are rich in vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants.
- The white flesh of the fruit need to be separated from the outer hard shell and you may use a coconut scraper to grate the fruit or use a coconut meat removal knife to separate the flesh, after opening the shell.
- The freshly grated coconuts can be easily added to your recipes or you can store it in refrigerator for few days.
- Coconut milk is also very popular and it is widely used in many Asian cuisines, especially in South India, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- It is usually used to thicken soups and stews and you can also use it as a substitute for milk.
- Coconut water is different from the coconut milk.
- When you break the hard shell of coconut to open it, the fruit has a mildly sweet water inside which is known for its extreme health benefits.
- This is wonderful natural drink and it is very popular during the summer season.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.