Longan, Lichi - Plant
Common name: Dimocarpus longan
Color: light brown
Bloom time: April
Height: 30.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fertilize longan trees with a balanced 5-5-5 fertilizer every two months, beginning with 1/4 pound fertilizer one month after planting
Spread the fertilizer over the soil from the trunk to the drip line and water thoroughly.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 22 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Longan trees thrive in warm climates, but tolerate temperatures down to 22 degrees Fahrenheit for brief intervals.
- Plant the longan trees in the sunniest, highest, and driest part of the garden, as they require well-drained soil
Even a few days of waterlogged soil can kill longan trees.
- In a container garden, the trees grow 7 to 10 feet tall, while trees in the yard grow 15 to 25 feet tall.
Grown for fruit, ornamental use and as shade tree.
- stomach problems such as infections & pain,
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.