Kinnow, Citrus - Plant
Common name: Citrus
Bloom time: February-April.
Height: 8 to 12 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Citrus trees should be planted in a sunny and wind-protected area. In the citrus belt, trees can be planted at any time, however, spring is the best time for container grown plants. Standard-size trees should be spaced 12 to 25 feet apart and dwarf trees should be set 6 to 10 feet apart. The exact distance depends on the variety. The bigger the fruit, the farther the distance.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 29 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- A few weeks after planting, and for the first few years (before bearing age), feed the tree a balanced (such as 6-6-6) fertilizer.
- For newly bearing trees, provide nutrients to continue branch and leaf growth but also to replace nutrients lost by fruit forming.
- A citrus blend is ideal.
- Check manufacturer’s directions, or ask a garden nursery, as to how often and how much to apply during each year of a tree’s growth
Depending on the climate, fruits may take 6 to 8 months to ripen. The best indicator of ripeness is taste. Harvest the fruit by cutting them off with pruning shears or by pulling the fruit stalk from the tree.
- orsewood is used in treating a wide range of ailments and conditions.
- Decoctions of the leaves or roots are taken for gastro-intestinal disorders, fever, pneumonia, headache, hypotension, sore throat and sinusitis, venereal diseases, as an aphrodisiac and anthelmintic, as a tonic for pregnant women, and as a tonic for infants to prevent rickets and to control convulsions.
Root decoctions and infusions are also taken for whooping cough, malaria, syphilis and kidney ailments, irregular menses, threatening abortion, skin diseases and epilepsy, and given to women before and after parturition to ease delivery and to expel blood from the uterus, and later to boost milk production.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.