Banana - G9, Kela - Plant
Common name: Japanese banana
Color: green, yellow, red, purple,
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 6.00 to 14.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The banana is a perennial plant that replaces itself. Bananas do not grow from a seed but from a bulb or rhizome.
The time between planting a banana plant and the harvest of the banana bunch is from 9 to 12 months. The flower appears in the sixth or seventh month
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 56°F (13°C)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Bananas aren t real trees, not even palm trees, even though they are often called banana palms.
- Bananas are perennial herbs.
- (Gingers, heliconias and bird-of-paradise flowers are distant relatives of bananas.
Whether grown outdoors in the landscape or indoors as a houseplant, bananas need lots of space. They are classic tropical foliage plants
- All parts of the banana plant have medicinal applications: the flowers in bronchitis and dysentery and on ulcers; cooked flowers are given to diabetics; the astringent plant sap in cases of hysteria, epilepsy, leprosy, fevers, hemorrhages, acute dysentery and diarrhea, and it is applied on hemorrhoids, insect and other
- Hot Bananas.
- Bananas are tropical fruits that are easily obtainable in most parts of the world, packed with flavor, loaded with nutritional value
- ornamental banana trees do not produce edible fruit
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.