Dragon Fruit - 10 Seeds
( 22 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Dragon fruit cacti grown from seed can have varying stem and fruit characteristics.
Dragon fruit (Hylocereus undatus), also commonly known as night-blooming cereus or red pitaya, is prized for its showy flowers and fleshy, edible fruits. This cactus, which is potentially cultivated outdoors in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 10 and 11, is injured by prolonged freezes and features a fast growth rate and vining, green, fleshy, jointed stems that can grow up to 20 feet tall. Dragon fruits are potentially propagated using stem cuttings, grafting or seeds.
- Buy Dragon fruit high quality seeds online www.nurserylive.com
- Fill a flat or pots that have ample holes for drainage most of the way with a sterile germinating medium that offers excellent drainage and low fertility; purchase or create the medium by combining equal parts peat moss and sand, perlite or vermiculite.
- Sow the dragon fruit seeds evenly over the surface of the medium.
- Sprinkle a very light layer of germinating medium over the seeds, using just enough to barely cover the seeds.
- Mist the seeds and medium gently but thoroughly at the time of sowing and whenever the medium is dry to the touch prior to germination.
- Cover the flat or other container with a glass or plastic lid or enclose it in a polyethylene or plastic bag to help maintain a high level of humidity around the seeds and minimize the need for misting.
Place the flat or other container with seeds in a spot that receives bright but indirect light and has a temperature between about 65 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The seeds should germinate within 14 to 28 days. Remove any plastic, glass or polyethylene covering once germination occurs and allow the medium surface to dry out slightly between waterings.
Things You Will Need
- Dragon fruit seeds
- Flat or other container with drain holes
- Germinating medium (peat moss plus sand, perlite or vermiculite)
- Spray bottle with misting capacity
- Glass or plastic lid or clear plastic or polyethylene bag (optional)
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.