Citrus Limetta, Indian Sweet Lime, Mausammi - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Citrus limetta, alternatively considered to be a cultivar of Citrus limon, C. limon Limetta , is a species of citrus, commonly known as sweet lime, sweet lemon, and sweet limetta.
Common name: Rutaceae
Color: white, yellow
Bloom time: February,
Height: 8 m (26 ft)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Sweet lime growing tree of the genus citrus also known as Sweet lemon. Sweet lime grow as perennial evergreen with vigorous thorns. It can grow in tropic, subtropical or mediterranean climate.
Sunlight: :Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Flowers are white with purple with yellow stamen, fruit size ~13-24 cm and color is yellow/white, it is sweet something with a little sour.
- The inner fruit divided by segments, the segment cover with soft thin layer, it containing the pulp (little cones covered with a thinner layer).
- Plant sweet limes on the south side of a building where it will get the most warmth and protection from any cold snaps.
- Plant sweet limes in well-draining soil since like all citrus, sweet limes hate “wet feet.
Flowers are borne in leaf-axils, in racemes. Flowers are white, 4-merous. Berry is spherical, 1.3 cm across; seeds oblong. Dried leaves are widely used as an arthropod repellent, such as a filling material for mattresses and pillows against fleas, lice and bedbugs
- Horsewood is used in treating a wide range of ailments and conditions.
- Decoctions of the leaves or roots are taken for gastro-intestinal disorders, fever, pneumonia, headache, hypotension, sore throat and sinusitis, venereal diseases, as an aphrodisiac and anthelmintic, as a tonic for pregnant women, and as a tonic for infants to prevent rickets and to control convulsions.
for medicinal use
http://www.growplants.org/growing/sweet-lime http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lime/sweet-lime-tree-growing.htm http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Horsewood.html
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.