Chiku, Chikku, Chikoo ( Grown through Seeds ) - Plant
Common name: Sapodilla plum
Bloom time: monsoon.
Height: 9 and 15 m (30 and 49 ft)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Despite its temperature tolerance, if you want to grow a sapodilla tree in a less than semi-tropical area, it would be prudent to either grow it in a greenhouse or as a container plant that can be moved to a protected area in case of inclement weather.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 26-28 F. (-2 to -3 C.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sapodilla can grow to more than 30 m (98 ft) tall with an average trunk diameter of 1.
- 5 m (4.
- 9 ft).
- The average height of cultivated specimens, however, is usually between 9 and 15 m (30 and 49 ft) with a trunk diameter not exceeding 50 cm (20 in).
-  It is wind-resistant and the bark is rich in a white,
gummy latex called chicle.
- The ornamental leaves are medium green and glossy.
- They are alternate, elliptic to ovate, 7–15 cm long, with an entire margin.
- Milkshake for Hair,
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.