Thespesia Populnea, Portia Tree - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Sanskrit - पार्श्वपिप्पल (pārśvapippala), plaksa
Marathi - पारोसा पिंपळ (pārōsā pimpaḷa), आष्ट (Āṣṭa), पिंपरणी (pimparaṇī), पारस भेंडी (pārasa bhēṇḍī)
Tamil - poovarasu or puvarasu: பூவரசு
Sinhala - gan sooriya ගං සූරිය
Malay - bebaru or baru baru
Polynesian - milo or miro
Rapanui - makoʻi
Telugu - gangaraavi
Malayalam - poovarasu: പൂവരശ്, ചീലാന്തി
Kannada - buguri mara
Bengali - pakur
English - Indian tulip tree, pacific rosewood, seaside mahoe (in Florida), surina (the "elegant tree"),
( 11 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Milo, Portia tree, Indian tulip tree, Pacific rosewood, Portiatree
Color: Yellow, Orange
Bloom time: Year Round, blooms more in October to July
Height: It generally reaches a height of 30 feet with a spread of 12 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: Clay, Sand, Cinder, Organic, Coral
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
- The seeds should be scarified (the seed coat penetrated).
- This can be done using sandpaper, nail clippers, or by cracking with a hammer.
- Care must be taken to avoid damaging the inner part of the seed.
- The seeds do not require soaking.
- The seeds should be planted in sterile potting mix at a depth of about twice the diameter of the seed.
- Germination takes 14 to 28 days.
- Foliar feed young milo trees once a month in early morning with a water soluble or an organic fertilizer.
Like other mangrove associates, these plants provide shelter and food to many creatures of the mangroves.
- In India, the ground up bark is used to treat skin diseases and in Mauritius dysentery and haemorrhoids.
- The fruits, flowers and young leaves are edible.
- Landscape Use (Accent, Container, Hedges, Provides Shade, Screening, Specimen Plant)
For medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.