Swietenia Macrophylla, Big Leaf Mahogany - 0.5 Seeds
The species is also known under other common names, including broad-leaved mahogany, Brazilian mahogany, large-leaved mahogany, genuine mahogany, tropical American mahogany, and sky fruit, among others.
( 29 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Swietenia macrophylla
Color: Radish Brown
Bloom time: May-July
Height: 30-40 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
There are three main varieties of Mahogany; Honduran, Central American and West Indian. Honduran Mahogany is also known as "Genuine Mahogany", a name that was coined a generation ago to separate it from Mahogany trees of less quality such as those grown in the Philippines.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 20 - 30°c,
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Buy from SEED seller to get Original and Imported seeds of Swietenia macrophylla, known as Honduran mahogany, genuine mahogany, big-leaf mahogany or broad-leaved mahogany, Brazilian mahogany, large-leaved mahogany, tropical American mahogany, is a species of plant in the Meliaceae family that yields genuine mahogany timber.
Harvesting: harvested at 5 and 13 months
- Also known as Cuban Mahogany, West Indian Mahogany can be found in scattered plantations in parts of Florida and the Caribbean.
- The third type of Mahogany is found growing in its natural habitat along the coast of Central America.
- A short tree, it is of little commercial value.
- Honduran Mahogany has a straight, fine with an even grain, and is relatively free of voids and pockets.
oblong-lanceshaped, or broadly lanceshaped, 12-21 x 2-6 cm, below laxly velvet-hairy. Inflorescence is a panicle, 5-10 cm; axis velvet-hairy. Flowers are solitary; flower-stalk 5-10 mm. Flowers are white or deep purplish red; tepals nearly free, obovate-oblong, 4--6 × 2--3.5 mm, usually minutely finely toothed on distal margin.
- Therefore, the search for more effective and safer herbal anti-diabetic agents has become an area of active research.
- Swietenia macrophylla King (Meliaceae), commonly known as big leaf mahogany (vernacular) and skyfruit (local), is used to treat diabetes and high blood pressure in Malaysia
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.