Suru Tree, Australian pine - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: beach casuarina, beach oak, beach sheoak (beach she-oak), whistling tree
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 40.00 to 60.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants; these can be harvested and dried on screens, away from sunlight, then stored in an airtight container.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 3 to 35 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall.
- All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
- Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot.
- Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
Ornamental fern-leaved specimen. Excellent shade tree.
- The meaning of Ashok in Sanskrit is without grief/ sorrow less.
- Each part of the tree is of proven medicinal value and cures many disorders; hence it is called Ashoka.
- The bark is comprised of sodium, silica, magnesium, iron, calcium, aluminum and strontium.
- Other components include sterol, tannins, catechol and other calcium compounds.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.