Saraca Asoca, Sita Ashok, Ashoka Tree - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Difference Between all tree varieties of Ashoka Tree:
Saraca asoca, Sita Ashok (Height approx.) -- 10 to 15 (Provide good shade as well)
Polyathia Longifolia, Ashok (Height approx.) -- 40 to 50 feet (Straight Tall), and Longifolia = long + folia = long + leaves
Pendula Ashok (Height approx.)-- 20 to 25 feet (Straight Tall)
( 11 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Ashok, False Ashok, Mast Tree
Bloom time: February to April,
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Use this tree in a humid, shady courtyard garden or mixed tropical forest planting. It may also be grown in a spacious conservatory. The name Ashoka tree honors a king from northern India around 300 B.C. who converted to and spread Buddhism across the region.
Temprature: 17 to 25 °C
- Potting soil used for palm plants should be well draining, and any container used for the plant should have ample drainage holes in the bottom.
- Soil should be moist at all times during the growing season, although it is essential to avoid over-saturation, which can lead to root rot.
- Allow the plant soil to dry out a little more in the winter than in the summer.
- A daily mist of water helps to keep humidity levels high.
- If frond tips become brown, the humidity is too low.
- A light fertilizer application from late winter through early fall helps fan palm plants remain vital.
They grow in clusters from small protuberances all along the dark branchlets. Each flower, borne on a slim, green stem has a tiny calyx and six long, narrow, wavy petals arranged in two sets of three.
- Unverified information As one would expect from a tree of the country it has many useful medicinal properties.
- The juice obtained from boiling the bark is a cure for some ailments of women, and a pulp of the blossoms is one of the remedies used for dysentery.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.