Putranjiva Roxburghii, Lucky Bean Tree - 0.5 Kg Seeds
( 4 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Liodendron H.Keng, Nageia putranjiva, Drypetes roxburghii
Bloom time: june to july
Height: 10m to 12m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25 to 30°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.
- Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils.
- Plants love water—but don’t drown them.
- That is, they don’t like to sit in water, and they’ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
- One of the worst mistakes you can make is to not provide adequate drainage.
- Use mulch.
Along with Drypetes (of the same family), it contains mustard oils as a chemical defense against herbivores. The ability to produce glucosinolates is believed to have evolved only twice, in the Putranjivaceae and the Brassicales
- It is known as karupali or lrukolli in siddha system of medicine.
- It is native to india and found wild or cultivated in almost all parts of contry.
- In delhi, putrajivaka tree can be seen at race coutse foad and many other of lutyens delhi.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.