Pterocarpus Marsupium, Vijayasar ( 1 Kg ) - Seeds
Flowers are bisexual, yellow, at branch-ends and in leaf-axils, borne in panicles; 1.0-1.2 cm long; bracts small, dioecious; bracteoles 2, falling off; sepal tube bell-shaped, sepals short, the upper 2 often fused; flowers are protruding; petals 5, all long-clawed, crisped along the margins; standard round, wings oblique, obovate, eard; keel petals oblique, small, slightly fused; stamens 10.
Common name: Indian Kino Tree, Vijayasar, Malabar kino tree
Bloom time: September-October.
Height: 30 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Potting soil used for palm plants should be well draining, and any container used for the plant should have ample drainage holes in the bottom. Soil should be moist at all times during the growing season, although it is essential to avoid over-saturation, which can lead to root rot.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 22 - 34°c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Seeds may also be placed in hot water and soaked overnight.
- Place seeds in a moist soil medium, cover with a light sprinkle of soil and place in a warm, bright location.
- Seeds generally take about a week to germinate, according to Guide to Houseplants.
- Allow the plant soil to dry out a little more in the winter than in the summer.
- A daily mist of water helps to keep humidity levels high.
- If frond tips become brown, the humidity is too low.
- A light fertilizer application from late winter through early fall helps fan palm plants remain vital.
- Unverified information Decoction of the heartwood of asana is useful in skin diseases diabetes, anaemia and excess of kapha and obesity.
- In obesity, a decoction of the heartwood of asana should be taken mixed with honey.
- Decoction of the heartwood of asana is useful in skin diseases, diabetes, anaemia, and excess of kapha and obesity.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.