Polyathia Longifolia, Ashok - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Difference Between all tree varieties of Ashoka Tree:
Saraca asoca, Sita Ashok (Height approx.) -- 10 to 15 (Provide good shade as well)
Polyathia Longifolia, Ashok (Height approx.) -- 40 to 50 feet (Straight Tall), and Longifolia = long + folia = long + leaves
Pendula Ashok (Height approx.)-- 20 to 25 feet (Straight Tall)
( 19 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: False Ashoka, the Buddha Tree, Indian mast tree, and Indian Fir tree
Bloom time: March, April, May, Early Summer, Spring.
Height: 30 ft
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Place 2 or 3 seeds in 7cm (3”) pots of seed compost, giving enough water to make the mixture barely moist. Cover the pot with clear plastic wrap. Place the pots in bright light at a temperature of 18 to 21°C (65 to 70°F). Water enough to keep soil from drying out completely.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Potting soil used for palm plants should be well draining, and any container used for the plant should have ample drainage holes in the bottom.
- Soil should be moist at all times during the growing season, although it is essential to avoid over-saturation, which can lead to root rot.
- Allow the plant soil to dry out a little more in the winter than in the summer.
- A daily mist of water helps to keep humidity levels high.
- If frond tips become brown, the humidity is too low.
- A light fertilizer application from late winter through early fall helps fan palm plants remain vital.
The solitary leaf, which emerges after the flowering parts, resembles a small tree. In India this species as a crop is grown mostly in Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Orissa.
- Unverified information The elephant-foot yam is widely used in Indian medicine and is recommended as a remedy in all three of the major Indian medcinal systems: Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani.
- The corm is prescribed for bronchitis, asthma, abdominal pain, emesis, dysentery, enlargement of spleen, piles, elephantiasis, diseases due to vitiated blood, and rheumatic swellings.
- br> Pharmacological studies have shown a variety of effects, specifically antiprotease activity, analgesic activity, and cytotoxic activity.
- In addition it has been found to be a potentiator for further reducing bacteria activity when used with antibiotics.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.