Melia Composita, Melia Dubia - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Other names: Mar – kuriaput , GuJ – Kadukajar; Tel. – Munnatikaraks ; Tam – Malai vembu ; Kan - Hebbevtl, Karibvam ; Mal – Malavembu ; Oriya - Batra.
( 24 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Melia composita willd
Bloom time: summer
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The rooted saplings are planted onset of the monsoon or during the monsoon. The suggested pit size is 2’ x 2’- 0.60m Cube. Escapement of 3.5 m x 3.5 m is recommended. This will give better girth in shorter duration.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 37.5–47.5 C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The growth is rapid.
- GAMBLES’s specimens gave 8 – 12 rings/dm of radius (mean annual girth increment 5.
- 3 – 8 cm) for a Tamil Nadu specimen, and 28 rings/dm (mean annual girth increment 2.
- 3 cm) for a specimen from Bengal.
- North Kanara in Karnataka specimen showed 12-16 rings/dm of radius (TALBOT, 1909) giving a mean annual girth increment of 4 –5.
- 3 cm.
- Deadhead to prolong flowering.
- Maintain moderate soil moisture and fertilize lightly.
- plant will die with the first frost.
The wood is used for packing cases, cigar boxes, ceiling planks, building purposes, agricultural implements, pencils, math boxes, splints and kattamarans. In Srilanka, it is employed for outriggers of boats.
Viruses, spread by aphids, may be troublesome, although some cultivars are virus-tolerant.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.