Lagerstroemia Floribunda - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Thai crape myrtle
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 15 ft. to 30 ft.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Tree blooms a few times per year, producing erect terminal panicle-inflorescences up to 50cm in height. Individual flowers (2.5cm across) have ribbed scruffy-brown calyxes (fused sepals) and flower buds. Velvety crinkled petals fade from rich mauve to pale pink to creamy-white with age, making tree appear to produce flowers of different colours all over the crown.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25-28 deg.C.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Growing plants can be inexpensive, particularly when growing them from seed.
- Seeds of plants flowers should usually be sown directly into the sunny flower bed, as developing roots do not like to be disturbed.
- Place plants in full sun in average, well-drained soil.
- Drainage is important; don t place where roots will sit in water.
- Leaves develop best flavor in full sun.
a Swedish merchant (and director of the Swedish East Indies Company), as well as avid naturalist who sent collected specimens of a related species, Lagerstroemia indica to Linnaeus. Species epithet floribunda means producing many flowers , a reference to the profuse infloresences.
- Used to treat fever and myalgia.
- Regional Myth: Corpse of the last shaman (magician) in Perak, Malaya was disposed of by being placed amongst the branches of a Lagerstroemia floribunda tree between 1870 and 1875, and legend relates that he became a tiger with a white patch.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.