Kusum Tree, Ceylon Oak - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Other common names in Indian languages are:
Telugu: Posku, busi, pusku, kosangi.
Marathi: Kusumb (कुसुम्ब)
Gujarati: Kosumb (કોસુમ્બ)
( 16 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: Ceylon oak, lac tree, or Macassar oiltree
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 40.00 to 70.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.5–7.0. A pH of 6.5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 35-47.5 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall.
- All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
- Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot.
- Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
- Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds.
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants.
Specimen or small groupings for lawns, parks and commercial properties, and, in particular, for wet soils along ponds, streams or in low spots. Good choice for the St. Louis area and generally a good substitute for the paper birch in the hot and humid areas of USDA Zones 5-9.
- Medicinal uses: Different plant parts of kusum are used in traditional medicine.
- The seed oil is used by the local vaids for curing skin diseases like scabies, itching and acne.
- The bark decoction is also used against skin inflammations and ulcers.
- The decoction is also infused for curing malaria.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.