Kailashpati, Cannonball - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Couroupita guianensis
Color: Rose-pink to red
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 50.00 to 75.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day. If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over. Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils (e.g., Madonna plants).
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 43 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.
- A pH of 6.
- 5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).
- An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands.
- Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
- plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young.
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
Plant as a curiosity in tropical gardens in areas where there will be minimal foot traffic under the tree when the ripened fruits are dropping.
- Fruits have rusty colored hard shell and are heavy.
- The Cannonball Tree possesses antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiseptic and analgesic qualities and hence used for medical purpose.
- The scientific community has validated the following medicinal properties of the tree: .
- Fruit extracts also possess antimicrobial activity.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.