Grewia Asiatica, Phalsa, Falsa - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Phalsa (Hindi, Urdu, Marathi), Shunkri (Bengali), Phulsa (Kannada), Phutiki (Telegu), Unnu (Tamil), Chadicha (Malayalam), Shukri, Gujarati) Falsay
Color: yellow orange or red-orange
Bloom time: Spring
Height: 3-7 m
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: Slightly acidic soil.
Water: Plant is drought tolerant. In order to get good crop it requires wat ering regularly during summer months. As with all the fruits trees, I irrigate them 7-14 days during growing season and every 4 to 6 weeks during the winter.
Fertilizer: We have 3 to 5 inch thick layer of partially compost mulch around the tree drip line. Since it is a vigorous growing bush, it needs regular fertilizer during the summer months.
- Pruning Flowers are formed only on current year shoots .
- Pruning is necessary for a good crop.
- Falsa Fruits are very high in antioxidant.
- It helps in preventing heart diseases and cancer .
- In folk medicine of southern Asia , Phalsa fruit are use to treat stomach ache.
- The leaves are use to cure skin diseases .
- Falsa fruit has several traditional health benefits.
- According to the “Encyclopedia of World Medicinal Plants,” phalsa is an astringent, coolant, and stomachic.
- In Vedic times, the bark was used as a demulcent and serves as a treatment for rheumatism.
Ground leaves treat pustular infections, and possess strong antimicrobial and antibacterial properties capable of remedying E.
- Unsurprisingly, given the fruit’s arrival during the scorching summer months, the fruit treats dehydration and acts as a coolant.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.