Dodonaea Viscosa, Hopbush - 0.5 Kg Seeds
The south Indian state tamil ndau, this Plant is called by the name of Viraali(விராலி)
Australian common names include: broad leaf hopbush, candlewood, giant hopbush, narrow leaf hopbush, sticky hopbush, native hop bush, soapwood, switchsorrel, wedge leaf hopbush, and native hop.
Additional common names include: ʻaʻaliʻi, as well as ‘a‘ali‘i-ku ma kua and ‘a‘ali‘i ku makani in the Hawaiian language language; akeake (New Zealand); lampuaye (Guam); mesechelangel (Palau); chirca (Uruguay, Argentina); romerillo (Sonora, Mexico); jarilla (Southern Mexico); hayuelo (Colombia); ch'akatea (Bolivia); casol caacol (Seri); ghoraskai (Afghanistan).
( 4 times booked in last 90 days )
Common name: sapindaceae
Bloom time: july august
Height: 6-10 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The Sapindaceae are mostly trees and shrubs, and tendril-bearing vines comprising about 140 genera and 1,500 species. The leaves are alternate, simple, or more commonly pinnately compound; stipules are absent except in the climbing forms. The flowers are small, actinomorphic or zygomorphic, and commonly functionally unisexual,
although a given individual may bear seemingly bisexual flowers together with either male or female flowers. The perianth typically is biseriate, consisting of calyx and corolla
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 20-22 deg C.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The lower flower is functionally female, although the flower looks bisexual.
- Though not obvious here, the 5-carpellate gynoecium in this species is exceptional in the family.
- The two upper flowers are functionally male and show no evidence of a pistil.
- Notched Leaf Soapnut is a medium to large size deciduous tree growing up to 18 m tall, with a 1.
- 5 m trunk girth.
- Bark is grey, shiny, covered with rough falling scales.
- Leaves are pinnate, 12-30 cm long.
- Leaflets are 2-3 pairs, lance-shaped, elliptic or oblong, long pointed or with a notched tip, dull above.
- Flowers are white, polygamous, male flowers
a few bisexual, both found in the same rusty-velvety panicles. Bisexual flowers provide ample pollen and nectar to bees
- Fruits possess several medicinal properties and are widely used for example in the treatment of asthma, colic and dysentery, and during childbirth.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.