Cinnamomum Camphora, Camphor Tree - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: camphor tree,
Bloom time: Late spring, Mid spring
Height: 20–30 m (
Difficulty level: :easy to grow
Planting & Care
Camphor Tree is a large evergreen tree that grows up to 20-30 m tall. The leaves have a glossy, waxy appearance and smell of camphor when crushed. Alternately arranged 1-4 in long oval leaves dangle from long stalks. Each leaf has three distinct yellowish veins. The outer margins of the leaves tend to be somewhat wavy and turn upward.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 32ºF (0ºC)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The new foliage starts out a rusty burgundy color, but the leaves soon turn dark green on the upper sides and paler green underneath.
- New branches emerging from the shallowly fissured grayish brown trunk are smooth and green
- The inconspicuous tiny cream colored flowers are borne in the spring on branching 3 in flower stalks.
- They are followed by large crops of fruit, comprised of round pea sized berries attached to the branchlets by cuplike little green cones.
- The berries first turn reddish, then ripen to black.
- Camphor tree can be readily identified by the distinctive odor of a crushed leaf.
amphor Tree is native to China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and adjacent parts of East Asia. It is now cultivated in many parts of the world.
- White camphor oil (Cinnamomum camphora) is a potent essential oil that brings a number of health benefits.
- This essential oil comes from the camphor tree, which is native to Asia, specifically in Japan, Taiwan (Formosa), and China
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.