Cedrus Deodara, Devdar - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Himalayan cedar
Bloom time: Non-flowering
Height: 40.00 to 50.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
If you are growing deodar cedar, you’ll want to find out how to care for a deodar cedar tree. First, you need to live in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 7 through 9 and have plenty of space. These trees are most beautiful when they keep their lower branches, so it is best to plant them somewhere they will not be disturbed.
Deodar cedar info will help you plant these trees in an appropriate site for their growing requirements. Find a sunny site with slightly acidic, well-drained soil. The tree also grows in partial shade and accepts sandy, loamy or clay soils. It even tolerates alkaline soil.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: −25 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- This airy evergreen cedar tree rises to 50 feet or more when cultivated, and much taller in the wild.
- It is native to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, and thrives in the coastal regions of the United States.
Needles of the deodar cedar are a slivery-green, making it a very attractive and popular ornamental.
- The trees are either male or female.
- Males grow the pollen-filled catkins, while females produce the egg-shaped cones.
- Deodar cedar care for a properly planted tree will not take much of your time and energy.
- Deodar cedar trees are very drought resistant, so if your area gets occasional rainfall, you may not need to irrigate.
- Otherwise, provide moderate amounts of water in dry weather.
Specimen tree for large lawns. Prune as a screen or hedge.
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara Uses, Research, Side Effects.
- Himalayan Cedar – Cedrus deodara is extremely useful in neurological disorders, asthma, pruritis, fever, infested wounds.
- Deodar oil is also used in arthritis, headache etc.
- Vata Samshamana – Group of herbs useful in balancing Vata Dosha.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.