Cassia Absus - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: The tanners cassia, Avaram
Color: Bright Yellow
Bloom time: May-June
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The seed consists of an outer husk, an endosperm and the ovary or germ. Only the endosperm or split, which contains mainly polysaccharides, is used for the production of the cassia gum. Both husk and germ are removed in the de-husking and splitting process. The impact of the splitting procedure is that both husk and germ are loosened from the endosperm and made brittle by heating and can be removed in the subsequent purification procedure after pulverization.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: (22 ± 0.5°C).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The seeds are dehusked and de-germed by milling and screening of the endosperm.
- Cassia Gum is high molecular weight (approximately 200,000 - 300,000) polysaccharides composed of galactomannans; the mannose:galactose ratio is about 5:1.
- Semi-refined Cassia gum normally containing detectable amounts of anthraquinones.
- Place plants in full sun in average, well-drained soil.
- Drainage is important; don t place where roots will sit in water.
- Leaves develop best flavor in full sun.
Gelling Agent Thickener Emulsifier Stabiliser Bonding agent
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Caterpillars, mealybugs, and spider mites also cause problems. Avoid spraying and tolerate some leaf damage unless the situation is uncontrolled.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.