Caryota Urens, Fish Tail Palm - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Caryota urens
Bloom time: mid summer
Height: 3 m (9.8 ft)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When these palms grow to reach 20 , they start producing flowers at the top of the trunk with subsequent flowers produced lower and lower on the trunk. When the lowest flower blooms, the tree dies.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Before you get started, dust your grill grates with oil or cooking spray to keep food from sticking.
- Be sure to let the grates come to temperature before you begin cooking.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring
This species is called kithul (කිතුල්) in Sri Lanka. It is the source of kithul treacle, a liquid jaggery.
- Caryota urens is cultivated as an ornamental tree, and planted in gardens and parks in tropical and sub-tropical climates.
- It is also used as an interior and houseplant when smaller.
Luckily, plants are deer-resistant, so they might help keep nearby flowers from being eaten.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.