Mesua ferrea, Nagkeshar - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Sri Lankan ironwood, Indian rose chestnut,
Bloom time: summer
Height: 0.5 to 3ft.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps lily bulbs cool when temperatures soar.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 30-40 degree c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Piles (Arsh) are vascular structures in the anal canal which gets swollen and inflamed and the patient feels difficult to defecate with continuous throbbing (pin pricking ) pain along with bleeding stools, Nagkesar reduces the Swelling and Shrinks the Piles, Eradicating the Pain and Stops the Bleeding.
- Fresh flowers of this tree are used to treat Bleeding piles.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
As the English name indicates, the wood of this tree is very heavy, hard and strong. The density is 940 to 1,195 kg/m3 (59 to 75 lb/ft3) at 15% moisture content. The colour is deep dark red. It is hard to saw and is mainly used for railroad ties and heavy structural timber.
- The flowers, leaves, seeds and roots are used as herbal medicines in India, Malaysia, etc.
-  and in Nag Champa incense sticks.
for medicinal use,
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.