Delonix Regia, Gulmohar - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Leguminosae
Bloom time: May-July,
Height: 50 feet (15 m)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The flamboyant tree goes by many names, including the flame tree, royal poinciana tree, and its Latin name of Delonix regia. The flamboyant tree grows a profusion of blooms in shades of fiery red, pink, and orange with soft-leaved branches that resemble ferns. The large flat seedpods look like snow peas on a grand scale. These pods house the large seeds needed to grow new trees.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 45ºF (7.2ºC).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The flamboyant tree is a tropical plant that grows best outdoors in USDA hardiness zones 11 and 12, but can survive in conditions as low as hardiness zone 9b.
- If you live in a zone outside of these areas, you can grow one of these trees inside your house.
The trees grow quickly and reach around 40 feet tall and 60 feet wide when mature.
- When growing them inside your home, it is best to grow them as bonsai trees to keep them within scale.
- Delonix regia, commonly called Royal Poinciana, requires full sun and daily watering for fullest flowering and is drought tolerant but not salt tolerant.
- The tree grows in a wide range of well-drained acidic or alkaline soils, including clay, sand and loam.
some say the world s most colorful tree. For several weeks in spring and summer it is covered with exuberant clusters of flame-red flowers, 4-5 in across. Even up close the individual flowers are striking: they have four spoon shaped spreading scarlet or orange-red petals about 3 in long, and one upright slightly larger petal (the standard) which is marked with yellow and white
- Delonix regia (Bojer ex Hook.
- ) Raf.
- (Fabaceae), commonly known as Krishnachura, Gulmohar, Malinche and Tabachine (Cowen, 1984) is grown commonly in different parts of Bangladesh.
- The leaf of this tree is used by the folk medicinal practitioners of Bangladesh for controlling sugar level in diabetic patients
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.