Cassia Glauca - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: glaucous cassia, glossyshower senna, sulphur-flowered senna
Bloom time: Nov-Dec
Height: 4-6 mt
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Good for screening, Attracts birds, Attracts butterflies, Attracts bees, Recommended for creating shade, Quick growing trees Evergreen trees, Suitable for road median planting, Suitable for avenue planting, Good on seaside
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Leaflet stalks are about 3 mm.
- Leaflets are 4-6 pairs, usually 5 pairs, abaxially farina-white, greenish above, ovate or elliptic, 3.
- 5-10 × 2.
- 5-4 cm, base broadly cuneate or subrounded, apex obtusely rounded or inconspicuously emarginate.
- Flower racemes occur in axils of leaves in upper part of branches.
- Place plants in full sun in average, well-drained soil.
- Drainage is important; don t place where roots will sit in water.
- Leaves develop best flavor in full sun.
The leaves are used to season meat and other foods in Caribbean, Latin American and Asian cuisines. It is often added to chutneys, a sauce containing fruits or vegetables that is eaten with other dishes.
- plant has been used to treat inflammation, and kidney and urinary tract infections; as a diuretic and as a stomach tonic.
- Other uses include carminative action and treatment of cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, and gout.
- It also has been used for leukorrhea and yeast infections.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.