Caesalpinia Pulcherrima, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 9-11 where it is easily grown in medium moisture, fertile, well drained soils in full sun. Tolerates some light shade, but best flowers occur in full sun.
Common name: peacock flower
Color: Orange-yellow with red stamens
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 10.00 to 20.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You can plant them either in containers or in the ground where you want them to grow about ½ inch deep in moist soil. Keep soil moist but do not saturate. Answer: I recommend that you wait until after the first freeze and then cut the Pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia pulcherrima) back to the ground.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The soil for Pride of Barbados plants does not have to be especially fertile or high in organic matter.
- Poor sandy soils are fine for this plant.
- Soil pH can be acidic, neutral or alkaline.
- Good drainage is extremely important, though.
- The water must drain quickly away from the root zone.
- Pride of Barbados plants should be watered deeply once or twice each week for the first year or two after planting.
- Once the plants become well established, they are highly drought-tolerant and should not need supplemental water but, for best growth and blooming, water them during prolonged droughts.
Hedge, screen background. In Hawaii, flowers are sometimes used in leis.
- Plants belonging to the family Leguminoceae have wide folklore medicinal uses.
- Caesalpinia pulcherrima Swartz vernacularly known as Guletura is widely distributed in India and its leaves, flower, bark, and seeds are used in Indian medicine.
- The plant is considered as a tonic, stimulant, and emmenagogue.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.