Thunbergia Alata (White) - Plant
( 232 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Thunbergia alata. Scientific Name. Thunbergia alata
Color: deep yellow, white or orange with black centers.
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.00 to 8.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Black-Eyed Susan Vines are only hardy in USDA zones 9-12. They should be grown in a spot with full sun or very light shade, except in hot summer regions where they will require shade during the afternoon.
In the garden, Thunbergias should be planted in humus rich, evenly moist, well-drained soil that has been supplemented with a generous amount of compost at planting time, or in a good quality potting soil if they are grown in planters.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soils
Temprature: 70 deg
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Black-Eyed Susan Vines can propagated by softwood cuttings taken in late spring or early summer.
New plants can also be produced by simple layering.
- Pin a low growing stem to the ground, using a piece of stiff wire bent into a U, leaving the last 6 to 12 inches of the stem exposed.
Used mainly as an ornamental plant, Thunbergia alata makes a good screen when used to cover unsightly dead trees or walls. It needs some support, as it cannot cling. Use fences, trellises, arches, arbours and pillars or a lightly shading tree.
(Pergolas would probably be too big.) Alternatively, plant this creeper in groups as a ground cover, or on a bank or terraces where it can trail downwards. Hanging baskets are also a possibility.
- Garden Uses Trellises, arbors, fences or other structures around the home.
- Also effective in hanging baskets where the vine can twist around the basket supports or in patio containers with a small trellis or obelisk burried in the container.
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.