Sandersonia - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Christmas bells
Color: yellow or orange.
Bloom time: Late spring to early summer.
Difficulty level: easy to grwo
Planting & Care
Sandersonia loves a sunny spot with well drained loamy soil enriched with complete fertilizer. They only require water during the growing period until the flowers have finished, we then find it to be more drought tolerant than we expected. However they do not like to be too wet over winter.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well drained soil
Water: Water plant once in a week
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- The tuber has two fleshy prongs emerging from the central ‘bulb’.
- These prongs should be planted down and covered with 2 inches (5 cm) of top soil with about 3.
- 1 inches (8 cm) between each tuber.
- When shoots emerge they need to be protected from snails and slugs as they find them most desirable.
- They will do well in a pot or container so long as there is good drainage.
They increase by making a new tuber each from the growing prong and often a small ‘nut’ on the other prong.
- They can also be grown from seed which is usually ready to harvest about the end of April.
- Seed should be planted early winter, sown thinly in trays or pots using a very well drained potting medium and covered with 0.
- 4 inch (1 cm) of mixture.
It has an excellent shelf life of between 10-20 days, with the blooms continuing to mature up the stem over this period.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
ornaments for Christmas
http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/p-1299-sandersonia.aspx http://worldoffloweringplants.com/grow-care-sandersonia/ https://whitehousenursery.com.au/planting-guides/select-and-planting-sandersonia
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.