Ixia ( Mix ) - 10 Bulbs
( 32 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: African Corn Lily, African Iris, Corn Lily, Wand flower, Turquoise Ixia.
Color: Blue, white, purple, red, pale green, orange, yellow.
Bloom time: Spring and/or summer.
Height: 12 to 36 inches (30 to 90 cm).
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
They are suitable for planting directly into a bed in a cool glasshouse which is kept just-frost-free, or for growing in pots, although many of them are a little tall for this purpose. After reaching the end of their growing season in late spring they can be dried off for the summer months.
Sunlight: Full sunlight or partial shade.
Soil: Well-draining soil
Water: Regular watering during periods of growth.
Temprature: 68-77 F. (20-25 C.).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
- Corn lilies and other Ixia species are usually grown from corms; these should be planted on top of sand at a depth of 10 cm, and about 10 cm apart into a rich well drained soil.
- The corms can be planted in spring for flowers at the end of summer or at the beginning of winter for spring flowers.
- It is possible to grow Ixia from seed, though it may take more than three years for them to flower, simply cover the seed in soil after the last frost of spring.
- Ixia members can be grown in either sunny or partially shaded areas of the garden.
Harvesting: Harvest the corms in fall, and store in dry peat at 35 to 40°F.
- It is fairly easy to look after Corn Lily, African Iris, and other Ixia in the grden; they require regular watering whilst growing and flowering.
- In very cold areas bring the corms indoors and store in a dry place; replant in the spring.
- If you require more plants then the corms can be divided in the spring.
Attractive to bees and other insects such as monkey beetles.
- The plant is used for flower beds.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.