Yucca - Plant
( 17 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Bloom time: Mid to late summer.
Height: Up to 10 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil. Soil pH 5.5 to 7.5
Water: Yucca are highly sensitive to water-logging. Water regularly in the spring and summer growing season, but make sure the plant has excellent drainage and dries between waterings. Water sporadically in the winter. Never let a yucca plant sit in a tray of water.
Temprature: Widely variable. Yucca are adapted to the desert, where temperatures can soar into the 90s or higher and down into the 30s at night. It is able to withstand temperatures as cold as 10 F.
Fertilizer: Fertilize during the growing season with liquid fertilizer or controlled-release fertilizer according to label instructions.
- Caring for yucca plants is fairly simple.
- When older leaves die on a mature yucca plant, simply cut them away, usually in the spring.
- Caring for yuccas like this helps the rest of the plant look nicer, and allows the newer leaves to grow.
- When caring for yucca plants, it is a good idea to wear gloves to protect your hands from the sharp leaves.
- After the yucca has stopped flowering and the fruit has appeared, prune back the flower stalk.
- The stalk should be cut clear to the ground.
- When landscaping with yuccas, it is best to keep them away from sidewalks and other high traffic areas as the leaves are extremely sharp and can cut someone if they should brush up against the plant.
- Growing a yucca plant indoors adds a focal point to a room or works as part of an attractive, indoor display.
- Growing yucca in containers is a great way to bring the outdoors inside in a large way.
- Yucca growing isn’t just for indoors.
- The yuccas plant’s sword-like leaves add a distinctive look to any area, including the landscape.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/caring-for-and-landscaping-with-yuccas-outdoors.htm http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/growing-yucca-indoors.htm http://houseplants.about.com/od/More_Plant_Profiles/p/Yucca-Growing-Yucca-Inside.htm
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.