Oxalis corniculata - Plant
( 103 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Oxalis corniculata
Bloom time: Spring, Summer,
Height: 12-18 in.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Select a sunny or partially shady outdoor planting site. Mix a 3- to 6-inch layer of organic matter such as compost, well-aged cow manure and sphagnum peat moss into the planting site. Mix it in thoroughly to a depth of 10 to 12 inches with a rototiller or shovel.
Plant wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes in the prepared soil in fall. Dig planting holes ½ to 1 inch deep and 4 to 6 inches wide with a hand trowel. Space holes for multiple plantings 6 inches apart.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25 ± 2 ºC.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Place three or four wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes into each hole.
- Push loose, prepared soil over the bulbs or rhizomes until the top of the soil is level with the surrounding garden soil.
- Water the placed you planted bulbs or rhizomes to settle the soil.
Water the planting site when its soil begins to dry.
- After the plants grow and have healthy stems and leaves, give them an application of 20-10-20 or 15-15-15 fertilizer once per week.
- Allow the soil to dry, and do not fertilize the wood sorrel plants if they become dormant.
- Some wood sorrel species become dormant and appear dead for as long as three months up to four times per year.
- Resume watering and fertilizing after new stems and leaves appear on the wood sorrel plants.
Wood sorrel (Oxalis spp.) can be grown outdoors in rock gardens and as a ground-cover plant or indoors as a houseplant.
- Uses : Oxalis Corniculata plant is anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, depurative, diuretic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, lithontripic, stomachic and styptic.
- It is used in the treatment of influenza, fever, urinary tract infections, enteritis, diarrhea, traumatic injuries, sprains and poisonous snake bites.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.