Gentian - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Gentiana andrewsii
Color: green-yellow, tinged with purple colour.
Bloom time: October
Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
It is probably easiest to grow Gentiana species such as Gentian from plants purchased from garden centres; even then these are not the easiest of plants to grow.
Once you have Gentiana seedlings transplant them into the garden in the autumn or spring at a spacing of 15 to 30 cm (most Gentiana varieties) or about 50cm if you are growing one of the taller Gentiana species.
Sunlight: Part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 20 to 25 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Not the easiest species to grow or look after, Gentiana requires a moist soil, so water regularly but do not drench the plants; never disturb the roots or move the plants during the growing season.
- br> If you require more Gentiana plants it is best to purchase them from a garden centre; or very carefully propagate Gentiana by division once they have finished blooming.
Best in part shade areas of rock gardens, woodland or shade gardens, wild flower gardens, native plant gardens or along streams or ponds. Also may be grown in shady areas of borders.
- The plant is used in folk medicine to treat diabetes mellitus, rheumatisum, abdominal ulcers, hernia, swelling, itching and insect poisoning.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=k320 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Gentian+&stpos=0&stype=AND http://www.gardenershq.com/Gentiana-Gentian.php
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.