Impatiens Baby Mix Colors - Seeds
Impatiens like shade and moisture. Impatiens are versatile and colourful, and grow in shady areas where other flowers can’t.
Common name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Color: Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow
Bloom time: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer Fall, Summer
Height: Height : 9 - 11" (23 - 28cm)
Width : 13 - 15" (33 - 38cm)
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Plant impatiens transplants after the last spring frost in humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil. Make sure the plants have some shelter from the wind.
The closer impatiens plants are, the taller they will grow, so space accordingly (impatiens plants can grown anywhere between 6 and 30 inches tall). For flower beds, plant 8 to 12 inches apart so the plants will stay low to the ground.
You can mix in compost or a slow-release fertilizer before transplanting to help the plants.
If you have impatiens plants in containers, use a sterile or soil-less growing mixture to ensure better drainage for the plants.
Sunlight: Try to plant in a location that enjoys partial sun. Part Sun
Soil: Busy lizzy requires a loamy soil with a ph of 6.1 - 7.5 - it grows best in weakly acidic soil - weakly alkaline soil.
Water: Do not let dry out. Plants require plenty of water, especially with high temperatures.
Fertilizer: You can mix in compost or a slow-release fertilizer before transplanting to help the plants.
- Seeds need light to germinate.
- Cover seeds lightly with plastic or glass to keep in humidity but allow some airflow to prevent overheating the seeds.
- 3Try to aim for a seed spacing of at least 11.
- 7 inches (30.
- 0 cm) and sow at a depth of around 0.
- 06 inches (0.
- 15 cm).
- Soil temperature should be kept higher than 15°C / 59°F to ensure good germination.
- By our calculations*, you should look at sowing Busy lizzy about 30 days before your last frost date .
Harvesting: To propagate: remove a stem and plant in moistened soil. Keep cutting watered until plant is established. Can also be rooted directly in water (Fun for kids to watch roots growing!) No need to cut below leaf node as roots will grow along all parts of stem in water or soil.
- The most important thing to remember about impatiens plants is to water them regularly.
- Keep them moist, but not too wet.
- If the plants dry out, they will lose their leaves.
- If you over-water the plants, this could encourage fungal diseases.
- Remember container plants will need more water.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.