Yard Long Imported Beans - Seeds
Common name: Asparagus Bean, Snake Bean, Chinese Long Bean
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 0.25 to 0.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period. Select a site with soil that drains well. How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out. Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and don’t crowd them.
- Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
- Have a hose or bucket of water and all your planting tools nearby.
- Keep your bare-root rose in water until you are ready to place it in the ground.
- plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work.
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance.
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal.
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area.
Versatile ground cover. Good cover for bulb beds. Effective on slopes or banks to stabilize soils and prevent erosion.
- The pods contain large quantities of soluble and insoluble fibers.
- Since the entire green pod is eaten as in french-beans, sufficient amount of dietary fiber is obtained in the diet.
- Dietary-fiber helps to protect the mucousa colon by decreasing its exposure time to toxic substances as well as by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.