France Beans OS IMP. Black, French Beans Black - Seeds
Common name: Egyptian kidney bean, Indian bean
Color: orange, red
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 12.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant where they will receive a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of full sun per day. Plants grown in weak sun may not die at once, but they weaken gradually. Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and don’t crowd them.Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 40 °C to 60 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
- Dig a hole 2 to 3 times as deep as the bulbs are high and set the bulb in the hole pointy side up.
- Fill the hole with soil and tamp gently.
- Space bulbs at a distance equal to 3 times the bulb’s diameter.
- For a good effect, plant plants in groups of 3 to 5 bulbs.
Harvesting: 10 days
- Feed plants on a regular basis before and throughout the blooming cycle (avoid chemical fertilizers and pesticides if you’re harvesting for the kitchen).
- Once a month between April and July, apply a balanced granular fertilizer (5-10-5 or 5-10-10).
- Allow ¾ to 1 cup for each bush, and sprinkle it around the drip line, not against the stem.
Woodland gardens, naturalized areas. Provides quick cover for fences, arbors, trellises, walls or other structures in the landscape. Also may be grown along the ground to camouflage rock piles or old tree stumps. Good vine for hot, dry sites. Needs lots of room. Excellent for hummingbird gardens.
No serious insect or disease problems. Species is a very aggressive spreader.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.