Climbing Beans Violette - Seeds
( 314 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Beans don’t always have to be grown simply for their fruit. You can also grow bean vines for their attractive flowers and pods. One such plant includes the scarlet runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus). Let’s learn more about how to grow scarlet runner beans.
Height: up to 2.5m in height
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: Scarlet runner beans should be planted in soil that is high in organic matter
Water: Provide regular water throughout the growing season, but do not saturate the ground.
- Bean seeds are large and easy to sow.
- They can be started indoors or planted direct into the vegetable garden but need warm conditions to germinate.
- Sowing bean seeds indoors gives a faster and more reliable germination rate, particularly for runner beans.
- At the end of April through to early May sow a single bean seed, 4cm or 1 and a half inches deep, in a 3 inch pot filled with multi-purpose compost.
- Seedlings will be ready to plant out after about three weeks.
- Before planting out, put them in a cold frame or a cool porch for a few days so that they can acclimatise to the conditions outside.
- Alternatively, climbing, runner and dwarf beans can be grown from seed sown directly in the soil between the second half of May and the middle of June.
- Before sowing outdoors you will need to construct a support for your beans, wigwams or a double row of inward sloping 8ft canes are popular support options for runners and climbing beans.
- Sow beans outdoors from mid-May until July, 5cm deep, two seeds per support cane, spaced 15cm (6in) apart.
- After germination remove the smaller and less robust of the two young plants thinning to one plant per cane.
- As they grow, ensure the plants continue to twine around their canes and water well.
- Runner beans are particularly thirsty.
- Picking beans regulary and often will encourage a longer cropping period.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.