Pinus Excelsa, Blue Pine - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Common name: Himalayan Blue Pine, Himalayan Pine, Bhutan Pine, Himalayan White Pine
Bloom time: April-June.
Height: 50 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Place 2 or 3 seeds in 7cm (3”) pots of seed compost, giving enough water to make the mixture barely moist. Cover the pot with clear plastic wrap. Place the pots in bright light at a temperature of 18 to 21°C (65 to 70°F). Water enough to keep soil from drying out completely.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 12 - 17ºC.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Potting soil used for palm plants should be well draining, and any container used for the plant should have ample drainage holes in the bottom.
- Soil should be moist at all times during the growing season, although it is essential to avoid over-saturation, which can lead to root rot.
- Seeds may also be placed in hot water and soaked overnight.
- Place seeds in a moist soil medium, cover with a light sprinkle of soil and place in a warm, bright location.
- Seeds generally take about a week to germinate, according to Guide to Houseplants.
Cones are 15-25 cm long, in clusters of 2-3. Cone scales are wedge-shaped, wide near the apex - basal scales are usually not, or only slightly, reflexed, very resinous. Its wood is highly resinous, and is used for local contruction, carpentry and making tea-chests.
No serious insect or disease problems.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.