Madhumalti Dwarf, Rangoon Creeper - Plant
( 752 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Under good growing conditions , it is typically seen with lush and fresh green foliage or cascading branches with numerous axillary and terminal drooping racemose inflorescence that is simply spectacular.
Common name: Rangoon Creeper, Burma creeper, Chinese honeysuckle
Color: Clusters of fragrant white pendulous trumpets open white then change to pink, red and finally a deep maroon. White, pink and red.
Bloom time: February to May and August to November.
Height: Creep 2.5 to 8 meters.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
The growth rate is generally fast, and the plant does not make heavy fertilizer demands. Rangoon creeper does like medium to bright light. Under good conditions it will be necessary to prune the plant to keep it in bounds. Rangoon creeper is found in thickets or secondary forests of the Philippines, India and Malaysia. It has since been cultivated widely in the gardens as an easy to grow plant.
Sunlight: Prefers full to part sun and blooms best with good sunlight .
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: Keep the soil moist.
- The plant requires regular pruning to keep it within control , as well as to encourage more blooms with new branches as flowers appear on new growth .
- The plant besides being an ornamental plant preferred by gardeners , is a good source of medicines for various ailments:
The plant is mainly used for traditional medicine .
- Decoction of the root , seed or fruit can be used as anthelmintic to expel parasitic worms or for alleviating diarrhoea .
- Fruit decoction can also be used for gargling against toothache .
- Leaves can be used to relieve pain caused by fever .
- The roots are used to treat rheumatism .
- Plant is used as a cough cure .
- Leaves are applied to the head to relieve headache ; decoction of boiled leaves is used to relieve flatulent distention of the abdomen .
- Leaves and fruits are reported to be anthelmintic and also used for nephritis .
- It has antipyretic activity and has anti-inflammatory and Immunomodulatory properties .
- It is an excellent choice to cover the compound wall, pillar, or make virtual partition.
- As a large woody and shrubby climber it grows profusely over pergolas , trellises , etc and hence used to cover and decorate garden fences , trellises , arbours and arches in gardens .
- An ideal landscape vine that can be grown on ground or containers and can be trained as a shrub .
For medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.
http://landscapingemag.com/growing-rangoon-creepers-in-your-garden/ http://creative.sulekha.com/rangoon-creeper-quisqualis-indica_553080_blog http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Rangoon%20Creeper.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.