Garlic Creeper, Mansoa Alliacea - Plant
Common name: Bignonia alliacea, Pseudocalymma alliaceum, Adenocalymma alliaceum
Color: Flowers bloom 2nd year only
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 1.00 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
It produces bright green leaves up to 15 cm long. Its compact habitat and pretty continuos flowers make it a popular ornamental plant in gardens in the tropics. Flowering twice a year you will find it quite often covered with flowers.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 40 to 46 drgree C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Native to South America, Garlic Vine is one of the most rewarding, flowering vines that you can grow.
- Interestingly enough it smells like garlic.
- However, it doesn t smell if the plant is left alone, only when the leaves are crushed.
- It can either be described as a shrub or a vine since it produces numerous woody vines from the root that grow only 2-3 m tall and form a shrub-like appearance.
Vegetable commonly added to casseroles, salads, stir fry, soups and stew, but may be eaten raw.
- It is a very common and well respected plant remedy in the Amazon for the pain and inflammation of arthritis and rheumatism, as well as, colds, flu, and fever.
- Some capsule products of the leaves are sold in stores in Brazil and Peru, and it can be found as an ingredient in other various multi-herb formulas for cold and flu, pain, inflammation and arthritis in general.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.