Celastrus scandens - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: American bittersweet
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 15.00 to 20.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
In very cold climates, make sure you plant American bittersweet vine (Celastrus scandens) rather than Chinese bittersweet (Celastrus orbiculatus)
American bittersweet vine is hardy in USDA plant hardiness zones 3b through 8, while Chinese bittersweet suffers frost damage and may die to the ground in USDA zones 3 and 4. It is hardy in zones 5 to 8.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 2 -50°
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- American bittersweet thrives in sunny locations and in almost any soil.
- Water these bittersweet vines by soaking the surrounding soil during dry spells.
- Bittersweet vine doesn’t usually need fertilization, but if it appears to get off to a slow start, it may benefit from a small dose of general purpose fertilizer.
- Vines that receive too much fertilizer don’t flower or fruit well.
Woodland gardens, naturalized areas. Provides quick cover for fences, arbors, trellises, posts, walls or other structures in the landscape. Also may be grown along the ground to camouflage rock piles or old tree stumps.
- skin problems, leukorrhea, and rheumatism.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.