Senecio Rowleyanus - Plant
Common name: string of pearls
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Sprawling over the edges of containers or hanging baskets, the string of beads plant resembles a beaded necklace with its fleshy green, pea-like foliage. Learn more about growing string of beads houseplant so you can also enjoy its unique characteristics and ease of care.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Occasionally, you may find that pruning becomes necessary as part of your string of pearls care in order to maintain its size or appearance.
- This is simple to do.
- Trim off any dead stems and pearls, as well as any stems that have lost a lot of their ‘beads.
- ’ Pruning back will help promote fuller, more compact plants.
Excellent ornamental for hanging baskets.
- in medical uses, 72—73 medicinal, .
- 345 toxicity, 245 Senecio rowleyanus, Asteraceae, string of pearls, toxicity,
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.